Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Forgotten Photo

I missed this one when I wrote yesterday's post, because it wasn't in my camera - Jim took it.  He reminded me of it later on.  I've now added the photo to the gallery.

We met this handsome fellow at a rest stop on I5 somewhere in Oregon:


He was sitting on the shoulder of an older man, who got out of his car just as I walked past him.  I asked if I could take a photo of him and the bird, and he suggested that someone should take a photo of me and the bird, as the bird "likes women."  I held out my arm, and the bird walked onto it; and the man suggested that the bird "really prefers a shoulder perch."  So here he is, on my shoulder.  He was very well behaved, and said something unintelligible which his owner said was his name.  The owner tried to get him to raise that elegant yellow crest, but we never got a photo of that.

2 comments:

  1. Terrific photo, Karen, and the bird looks OK, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K:

    I had a friend back when I was taking my degree in Landscape Architecture. He owned a big red bird--a parrot?--which he kept (uncaged) in his house. Every so often it would let this ear-splitting SCREECH to get Everett's attention. Her name was Rose. She didn't sit on shoulders--at least not on strangers'.

    ReplyDelete