Monday, May 27, 2019

Disgraceful

It is Memorial Day 2019.  The President of the United States is in Japan, being feted by the prime minister and the new Emperor.  He is NOT here, honoring the veterans who have died for this country over the years - including the veterans who fought Japan for this country!  (No, I don't have any particular animus toward Japan.)

I have relatives (all dead now) who fought in World War II, and other veterans still living.  Let me call out and honor my cousin Johnny Maguire (U.S. Navy, WW II), my cousin Orville Hicks, Jr. (U.S. Navy, WW II), my cousin Michael Maguire (Vietnam). 

I'll also honor my living veteran relatives:  my brother-in-law James David Allen (U.S. Air Force; Vietnam).  My cousin Richard T. Ivy was in the military, in Korea. 

Let me also honor my father, Lestle W. Ivy, who was too old for the second war (born 1907) but moved to Vallejo in 1940 and spent the next 31 years working for the U.S. Navy at Mare Island Naval Shipyard. 

I learned after I began this post that 45 is actually participating in a Memorial Day ceremony on the U.S.S. Wasp, with U.S. service members.  So I guess I can't yell at him very hard.  I still think he should have stayed home for this occasion.

7 comments:

  1. Great, You write good content Thanks for the thoughts and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, I’m really glad I have found this info. Today bloggers publish just about gossip and net stuff and this is actually irritating. A good site with exciting content, this is what I need. Thank you for making this web-site, and I’ll be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post….. I read a few of your other posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy my posts! As you can probably tell, I use this site mainly for political rants. I may have another one coming in a day or so. Sorry, I don't do an email newsletter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Post, Thanks for your very useful information...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m really glad I have found this info. Today bloggers publish just about gossip and net stuff and this is actually irritating. A good site with exciting content, this is what I need. Thank you for making this web-site, and I’ll be visiting again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You shared very nice and detail information with us .This article contain very useful things for us I am very excited bout this one it is so nice and very useful to us.Thank you for this information .we expect this kind of important information in future also so keep it up this nice work.

    ReplyDelete